Deindividuation and reductionism?

Home Forums Exam queries (AQA A Psychology A level) Deindividuation and reductionism?

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Mike Cardwell 2 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

kap123

Hi I just remembered that for the deindividuation question I wrote it was reductionist and I had only used two IDA – another one for determinism, will I lose marks for the reductionism synoptic point and how much do you think out of 16 marks I will lose? Please help im a little worried about this as I realise now that reductionism may be an invalid synoptic for this theory?

Hi

AQA will only credit biological reductionism, so deindividuation is not a reductionist theory. If you have made one other valid IDA point then that should be sufficient and you will not lose marks because of that.

Mike

kap123

Hello, thank you, do would I not get marks for the reductionist point? I made a deterministic point about deindividuation would this be valid? And would it be enough for me to access the top band? I added 6 studies for evaluation (8 paragraphs) and 2 synoptics

kap123

so*

kap123

Sorry also how much marks do each IDA point get in terms of evaluation?

They don’t get any separate marks, they are built into the marking allocation for AO2. You can access past papers and marking schemes here:

http://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/psychology/a-level/psychology-a-2180/past-papers-and-mark-schemes

Mike

kap123

okay thanks! I only did 6 paragraphs for evaluation and 2 for Synoptics does this mean I can’t get the full 16 marks?

kap123

sorry I meant that if I only did 6evaluation points worth 50 words each, and with 2 paragraphs of IDA would Is there a possibility I could get 15/16 marks?

As I said, IDA is merely credited under AO2 and so is effectively an AO2 point with a particular type of slant.Therefore if you do two IDA points, properly contextualised and sufficiently elaborated, plus six more AO2 points, that would make eight AO2 points in total, which could well (potentially) earn you the full 16 AO2 marks.

Mike

kap123

thank you! also sorry for bothering you just one last thing – for the deindividuation theory I wrote determinism for the IDA and wrote it ignored the pro social effects of deindividuation such as online forums and ignores free will buy expanded on it a little would this be a creditworthy IDA for this question?

I don’t think it serves any purpose to carry out a post-mortem on what you have already done in an exam, and it would be impossible to judge an answer on such sparse information. As you know, there is no IDA on Unit 4, so all of this is now rather academic.

Mike

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.